THE GUTTER HOOD from Gutters R Us has many Benefits:
- The Flow limiting ribbed design slows and spreads water, causing it to sheet instead of bead.
- 20% thicker metal than Gutter Helmet®. (Gutter Hood is .032, Gutter Helmet® is .019)
- 25 year proven nose forward design channels rain water in, while keeping leaves and other debris out.
- High performance alloy with tough-wearing Kynar 500 finish preserves the beauty of your home.
- Lifetime transferable warranty
- Kynar paint finish, the same used on UPS trucks and John Deere equipment.
The profile design is on millions of homes across the country, one might be on the home next to yours, but you’d never notice it because of its sleek design that seamlessly conforms to the roof line.
1) No need to nail the bracket to your roof, eliminating hundreds of penetrating roof holes.
2) Ensures “Nose-Forward” installation.
3) Self-supporting, all weight is distributed to our bracket.
4) Strengthens and re-secures your existing gutters.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Surface Tension is the tendency of liquid molecules to cling to solid surfaces. Gutter Hood nose-forward design utilizes this law of surface tension to keep your gutters clear of everything except rain!
Of course many variables go into the surface tension property of a liquid such as, temperature, type of liquid, surface, etc. Water at 0 C has a surface tension of 75.64 as the water becomes warmer the surface tension decreases. Surfactants or “surface active agents” can change how surface tension responds. For example detergents, paints, and inks are all surfactants. So it’s not just about design, but also the materials that are used. The picture of water running around the glass is also an example of how Gutter Hood “draws” the water into the gutter.