BEST WAY TO CLEAN OUT YOUR GUTTERS
There’s nothing too exciting about cleaning out your gutters- we won’t lie to you there. Nonetheless, a clean, properly functioning gutter system is essential to protecting your home from rainwater, pests, mold, and more. But how do you work up the courage to scale a ladder and get the job done?
We’ll explain some of the best ways to clean out your gutters while also warning you of the potential dangers each method includes. Safety first, after all!
Clean Gutters out By Hand
The classic gutter-cleaning method, scooping out gunk by hand, is pretty straightforward: grab a ladder, slip on some working gloves, carefully climb, and begin cleaning the rain gutters of leaf blockage and other mysterious muck.
- Getting up close and personal guarantees no missed materials hiding in the gutters.
- It’s a good workout!
- Ladder accidents are all too common, and falls are the leading cause of preventable nonfatal injury in the U.S. Always inspect a ladder for cracks, bending, or other potential issues before climbing. You can never be too careful.
- Critters could be lurking in the gutters, possibly biting, stinging, or scratching you. The shock of discovering the animal may also lead to a fall.
- If you let your gutters build up debris for a long time, there may be mold and mildew growing inside. Be careful to not breathe in when close, or wear a mask to protect you from inhaling anything harmful.
Leaf Blower/Power Washer
Some may opt for a more mechanical answer to their cleaning problem. Leaf blowers and power washers are common tools for clearing out gutters, for they take some of the physical labor out of the equation. For the most part, all you need to do is point and pull the trigger. Easy enough, right?
- Cleans in a shorter amount of time.
- Operating the equipment means spending more time standing on the roof and less time standing on a ladder.
- Power washing obliterates any leftover grime remaining in the shaft.
- Leaf blowers and power washers both emit a strong force during use, so there is a greater chance of losing balance.
- Leaf blowers do not effectively clear debris that’s still moist; the air is not strong enough to cause movement.
- Prepare to wash the siding of the house afterwards due to the force of the power washer. It’s common after use to discover splats of gutter gunk clinging to your home.
- Power washing also dampens the roofing beneath your feet which raises the chance of slipping.
Best Way to Clean Gutters: Hire Gutters R Us
After checking out the two most common ways to DIY, are you still feeling a bit anxious? Well, never fear, the trusty experts at Gutters R Us are here! With experienced and dedicated crews, you can count on us to free yourself of both dirty gutters and worries alike. When you call on Gutters R Us to clean out your gutter system, we go above and beyond to exceed expectations and provide courtesies that our competition doesn’t.
- No sweat on your part. You just sit and relax.
- The speed and efficiency will surprise you, and of course we clean up afterwards. This includes a courtesy of blowing excess debris off your roof.
- All of our cleanings include a routine full inspection of your gutter system. We take this opportunity to make small repairs such as plugging leaks or fixing broken hangers, increasing the lifespan of your gutter system.
- You remain safe while our experienced crew gets the job done correctly and entirely.
- Neighbors turn green with envy. Wait a second- is this a positive point?
Whichever method you choose, just remember that keeping yourself and your family safe is the most important thing. Even if you’ve been around the block a few times when it comes to gutter cleaning, that doesn’t mean that accidents can’t happen. If you want cleanliness, efficiency, and the safest way to clean out your gutters, give us a call at 269-781-5935 to schedule a consultation!